Volunteer Opportunity – Oxford District Chair
21st July 2022
Whilst CPRE has both members and volunteers within the City area, we have been without a formal City-based district committee for a number of years. We are now keen to re-establish this group and are looking for a dynamic chairperson to help us achieve this. There are others willing to participate, but we need someone able to provide the necessary leadership to guide and co-ordinate activity.
- Organising and chairing District Committee meetings.
- Helping to build and maintain a strong local committee, with the right balance of people and skills to cover the geographical area and CPRE’s activities
- Helping to work towards the right development in the right place, by enabling the group to monitor and respond as appropriate to planning applications in the area, keeping abreast of issues, and participating in any review of local planning policy.
- Maintaining good communications between the District and CPRE Oxfordshire branch as a whole including representing the District on our county-wide Branch Executive Committee. *
- Being an advocate for the charity – representing CPRE at meetings, liaising with other conservation and community groups and the local authority, and talking about our work to the public.
- Supporting the Branch’s positive campaigning on issues such as Green Belt and hedgerows.
- Supporting / inputting to the Branch’s proactive work with diverse communities to increase access to and engagement with the countryside.
As well as a network of volunteers, there is a small but strong staff team based at a County level providing support to all our District Chairs.
For an informal chat please get in touch with Helen Marshall, Director of CPRE Oxfordshire.
Call 07791 376365 or email email@example.com
Download more information here: