Image credit: David Marsh
Parish Council Event – South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse.
Tuesday 5 September at 1300-1400, online.
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse distrcit councils are shortly ( Summer 2023) about to embark on a Joint South Oxon and Vale of White Horse consultation for the new 2041 Local Plan which will help determine how well villages and rural areas are protected by policy in the future. This will be their “Preferred Options REG 18” consultation, a full draft Local Plan which we hope and expect to incorporate previous consultation responses.
In June we ran a successful online event with Parish representatives to discuss how we may respond to this consultation. We found there were many areas of common interest and so we would like to invite more parishes to join us and are running a further event; a united voice will amplify our views.
We will be responding to the consultation in areas that are important to our membership in many of your communities across the two districts:
- Housing numbers, spatial distribution, density and affordability
- Protection of the Oxford Green Belt, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and general countryside
- Renewables strategy incl. solar farms
- Tranquillity, including dark skies
- Climate change and Net Zero
- Water quality and strategy
- Transport strategy, including active travel and public footpaths.
We would like to hear your views on these
, and your priorities for emerging policies, and identify areas of common interest, in an on –line meeting.
Our hope is that working together we can increase the likelihood of achieving better outcomes for our countryside and rural communities.